Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Money Savings starts now

My husband and I had the "money talk" last night which made me feel sick to my stomach. The bottom line is we need to save more money which is really really hard to do. Two car payments, a mortgage, electric bill, my student loans... et cetera et cetera talking about saving money can feel down right overwhelming. Since my husband re-joined the Navy as a lieutenant (in the reserves) we will have a little extra coming in each month, but what else can we cut back on?
The game plan is:

Use more Coupons at the grocery store
Use the same grocery store to take advantage of bonus points
No more going out to eat
Cut back on alcohol expenses

NO clothing purchases especially for winter clothes
NO vacation spending

Get a job closer to home that pays more or equal to what I am currently making.

Hopefully we can start tracking our savings and make a conscious effort to save money for moving to Hawaii. At the end of the night, I felt like moving to Hawaii was an impossible dream. Now I am focused on attaining that dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Seeking Aloha
Convert By NewBloggerTemplates Wordpress by WpThemesCreator